New Construction Homes
As you explore housing options in Warner Robins, you’ll find that the city has an ever growing crop of newly constructed homes. These can range from pre-made homes to custom residences built right to your specifications by some of the most trusted builders out there.
It’s important to know a property’s unique quirks. After all, it will be your new home and will be for a long time. Here are some of the things you can expect from new homes in Warner Robins, GA.
New homes are often energy-efficient
To comply with the latest building codes and standards, new homes are more energy-efficient than their resale counterparts. A newly constructed home might come with energy-efficient windows, an eco-friendlier heating and air conditioning system, and better insulation. Some builders even go so far as to use materials with low volatile organic compounds (VOC) so the house is all the more safer for all of its inhabitants.
Other attractive aspects of a newly-built home include having custom air-filtration systems to help alleviate allergies. And, as the home has never been lived in before, it will not have any accumulation of pet dander, disease-causing agents (for pets), or residual odor from smoking. This is a fresh house and you will be the first person to live in it.
There are different levels of customization available
With new construction, you can be a little creative or leave the rest of the big decisions to the home builder.
- When you work with a custom builder, you can have your home built from “scratch” as a truly unique, one-of-a-kind creation. You can work with architects to design the home and submit unique plans for each room and floor to the builder. You can choose whatever materials you want to use. assuming they are allowed by local building codes. You can even choose the land you want the home to be built on. The end result is a new home tailored to your needs, taste, and other preferences.
- When you work with a production builder, you have less creative freedom. You will be dealing with people who are building a batch of homes, which are usually part of a bigger residential development. While some customization is allowed, your choices are much more limited than with a custom builder. The types of floor tiles, kitchen counters, windows, shingles, etc. will be limited to the variety of choices the builder offers. You might start with a portion of the home already built; there will be a “shell” with a roof, windows, and doors. At this stage, the house is not framed and has no electrical system or plumbing. In some cases, you can select the “shell” you like, but again, choices are only those the builder offers. With a production builder, you’ll get economies of scale; more homes built equals better prices on construction materials.
The home buying process for new constructions can be time-consuming
Since you’re buying a home that has yet to be built (or hasn’t been completed), the home buying process will naturally take more time to complete. Time, however, isn’t the only thing you’ll need to pay close attention to.
- Contract specifications: You will need a contract that specifies exactly what is included and excluded in the home’s construction. Another important point is specifying the type of materials to be used in the construction of the home; the default is often builder’s grade, which is of lower quality. You have the option to use better materials while the home is being planned.
- Real estate specialist: There are real estate agents who specialize in new construction. Getting their expert advice is critical and their experience will be worth every penny. When you work with an expert on new homes, you can see the bigger picture and zoom in on specific details in the contract. He or she can help you make informed decisions throughout the home buying process.
New homes in Warner Robins, GA benefit from a robust upswing in construction and the economy. You won’t have any trouble finding a newly-built home to your liking or a builder to work with. As such, we can help you explore all of your real estate options in Warner Robins.
Warner Robins Home Search counts new construction as one of our specialties. It would be a pleasure to show you around the new homes and upcoming projects in Warner Robins. We can also refer you to reputable custom and production builders that will make your dream home a reality.
Learn more about new construction homes in Warner Robins
- With the housing supply getting tighter in Houston County, GA, new construction homes offer a great option for homebuyers in this hot market. In addition, buying a newly built home has other great benefits. There’s nothing quite like moving into a property where you’re the very first occupant, and everything is brand new and spic-and-span. Buying new construction, however, has its own quirks and nuisances that you should know about to avoid costly mistakes. We’ve listed 10 great tips that can help you have a great experience in buying a newly-built home:
- Home inspections. Should you have it done on the new house you’re buying or skip it altogether? We say: yes, hire an experienced home inspector to come and take a look at the property. Most people think home inspections are reserved for older properties, but new homes, even newly constructed ones, do need the cursory check before you go and live in them. In this blog post, we list down a couple of reasons why it’s a great idea to have a home inspection (or even three) done on your brand-new home. It can help you make an informed decision on your investment and save a substantial amount of money in the process.
- Getting a mortgage loan is a necessary part of every home buying process. That said, it’s not always easy to find the best deal for different kinds of buyers. Exploring your loan options is one thing, and improving your chances to qualify for the one you want is another story. To get a low interest for the mortgage type you want, consider improving your credit score. In this blog post, we discuss several things you can do have a credit score that can lead you to a lower-interest mortgage, such as settling debts, keeping accounts open, and correcting factual errors.
- Among the most important decisions people make in their adult lives is the purchase of their first home. Owning a house in an engaging neighborhood such as those in Warner Robins, Georgia is truly the American dream. Any hardworking man and woman can realize the ultimate dream of living in a home that is totally one’s own – one that has never been lived in by any other family.
Anyone who first gets involved in purchasing a newly built house could feel daunted at the complexity of the process. This is especially true when the would-be homeowner wants to get the best deal available when acquiring that much desired home.
- New construction homes typically sell at, or close to, market price. But don’t lose hope about getting favorable deals for newly built properties. Learn how to navigate the homebuying process for new construction with this quick guide from Warner Robins Home Search. This quick guide discusses six effective ways to make sure that you get the best value for your money. Read how proper market and area research, firm negotiation strategies, and even considering buying a model home can be the ideal plan when you want to score a bargain for a stunning new construction in Middle Georgia’s exceptional communities.
- Building your home is a terrific way to get you closer to your dream lifestyle. The process of constructing a house however, requires a lot of time, patience, and money. There are a lot of important factors to consider, which is why you need to plan wisely.
Before you start looking at blueprints, you will likely need to look for a way to finance your new home’s construction. A different kind of mortgage is required, known as a construction loan. In this article, we’ll give you a closer look at construction loans and how they work, helping you choose the right lender that will be able to accommodate your goals.
- If you are looking into new construction for your next house, make sure to get a good warranty to come along with your property purchase. Consider the home warranty as an essential part of your investment. While you might be paying a premium price for your brand new home, you are getting your money’s worth by covering essential repair and maintenance work for the property during the first few years of your ownership of it. In this blog post, Warner Robins Home Search discusses the three main reasons that make a home warranty a must-have when you purchase a newly built house.
- Nothing can be more exciting – or nerve-wracking – than moving into a new home. The thrill of crossing the threshold, the thought of finally being able to fix up the house you dreamed of can quickly come crashing down when you’ve forgotten to take care of a few very important things. Imagine not having the service provider set up your Wi-Fi. Or realizing you haven’t changed the locks when you drive out of town for the weekend. Not to mention missing your toothbrush or essential medication on the first night of your move. This article contains an essential checklist to ensure none of the above – and more, besides – ever happens when you move into your new home.