New Construction Homes
As you explore housing options in Warner Robins, you’ll find that the city has an ever growing crop of newly constructed homes. These can range from pre-made homes to custom residences built right to your specifications by some of the most trusted builders out there.
It’s important to know a property’s unique quirks. After all, it will be your new home and will be for a long time. Here are some of the things you can expect from new homes in Warner Robins, GA.
New homes are often energy-efficient
To comply with the latest building codes and standards, new homes are more energy-efficient than their resale counterparts. A newly constructed home might come with energy-efficient windows, an eco-friendlier heating and air conditioning system, and better insulation. Some builders even go so far as to use materials with low volatile organic compounds (VOC) so the house is all the more safer for all of its inhabitants.
Other attractive aspects of a newly-built home include having custom air-filtration systems to help alleviate allergies. And, as the home has never been lived in before, it will not have any accumulation of pet dander, disease-causing agents (for pets), or residual odor from smoking. This is a fresh house and you will be the first person to live in it.
There are different levels of customization available
With new construction, you can be a little creative or leave the rest of the big decisions to the home builder.
- When you work with a custom builder, you can have your home built from “scratch” as a truly unique, one-of-a-kind creation. You can work with architects to design the home and submit unique plans for each room and floor to the builder. You can choose whatever materials you want to use. assuming they are allowed by local building codes. You can even choose the land you want the home to be built on. The end result is a new home tailored to your needs, taste, and other preferences.
- When you work with a production builder, you have less creative freedom. You will be dealing with people who are building a batch of homes, which are usually part of a bigger residential development. While some customization is allowed, your choices are much more limited than with a custom builder. The types of floor tiles, kitchen counters, windows, shingles, etc. will be limited to the variety of choices the builder offers. You might start with a portion of the home already built; there will be a “shell” with a roof, windows, and doors. At this stage, the house is not framed and has no electrical system or plumbing. In some cases, you can select the “shell” you like, but again, choices are only those the builder offers. With a production builder, you’ll get economies of scale; more homes built equals better prices on construction materials.
The home buying process for new constructions can be time-consuming
Since you’re buying a home that has yet to be built (or hasn’t been completed), the home buying process will naturally take more time to complete. Time, however, isn’t the only thing you’ll need to pay close attention to.
- Contract specifications: You will need a contract that specifies exactly what is included and excluded in the home’s construction. Another important point is specifying the type of materials to be used in the construction of the home; the default is often builder’s grade, which is of lower quality. You have the option to use better materials while the home is being planned.
- Real estate specialist: There are real estate agents who specialize in new construction. Getting their expert advice is critical and their experience will be worth every penny. When you work with an expert on new homes, you can see the bigger picture and zoom in on specific details in the contract. He or she can help you make informed decisions throughout the home buying process.
New homes in Warner Robins, GA benefit from a robust upswing in construction and the economy. You won’t have any trouble finding a newly-built home to your liking or a builder to work with. As such, we can help you explore all of your real estate options in Warner Robins.
Warner Robins Home Search counts new construction as one of our specialties. It would be a pleasure to show you around the new homes and upcoming projects in Warner Robins. We can also refer you to reputable custom and production builders that will make your dream home a reality.
Learn more about new construction homes in Warner Robins
- With the housing supply getting tighter in Houston County, GA, new construction homes offer a great option for homebuyers in this hot market. In addition, buying a newly built home has other great benefits. There’s nothing quite like moving into a property where you’re the very first occupant, and everything is brand new and spic-and-span. Buying new construction, however, has its own quirks and nuisances that you should know about to avoid costly mistakes. We’ve listed 10 great tips that can help you have a great experience in buying a newly-built home:
- Home inspections. Should you have it done on the new house you’re buying or skip it altogether? We say: yes, hire an experienced home inspector to come and take a look at the property. Most people think home inspections are reserved for older properties, but new homes, even newly constructed ones, do need the cursory check before you go and live in them. In this blog post, we list down a couple of reasons why it’s a great idea to have a home inspection (or even three) done on your brand-new home. It can help you make an informed decision on your investment and save a substantial amount of money in the process.
- Are you in the market for a new home? You can expect to find a wide and varied selection of outstanding new construction here in Middle Georgia, thanks to recent growth in the local home building industry. Read this market update to find out more about notable – even record-breaking – home construction numbers in Houston County cities like Perry and Warner Robins, and find out how this trend is projecting in years to come. You can also read excellent points here, discussing why new construction homes in Middle Georgia are a convincing choice over homes in a bustling urban region like Metro Atlanta.