Living in Warner Robins
Are you interested in living in Warner Robins, or have you already decided to relocate to Georgia’s so-called International City? Whether you’re looking around or already deep in your preparations, let us be the first ones to welcome you to a place that could be your new home.
Continue reading to learn more about living in Warner Robins, GA and why it’s a good idea to move here.
Warner Robins’ location and history plays a significant role in the local lifestyle.
- Location: Located in Central Georgia, Warner Robins is roughly 20 miles from Macon and 102 miles from Atlanta, both due north from the city. It usually takes 20 to 30 minutes to get to Macon, depending on the traffic, while it takes approximately an hour and 30 minutes to reach Atlanta.Because of Warner Robins’ central location, it’s easy to see why it’s the home of Robins Air Force Base, which is considered as one of the largest employers in the area. The Air Force base brings with it plenty of interesting characters into the city, making the local population relatively diverse despite being a city with a small town feel.
- Local establishments: There are plenty of commercial establishments in Warner Robins. If you want to get away for a little vacation, you can easily do so as the mountains and the beaches are both accessible from the city.
- Family-friendly living: If a peaceful, family-centered life is what you seek, you should feel right at home in Warner Robins. The local community is warm, tight-knit, and safe. Along with the presence of good schools, Warner Robins makes for a great place to settle down and raise a family.
- It can get hot out here: Warm Southern hospitality aside, local temperatures can get high in Warner Robins. It is usually hot and humid for most of the year, and the summers can be intense.
Warner Robins’ reputation for being family-friendly stems from the presence of good schools and kid-friendly facilities in the city.
- Northside High
- Houston County High
- Warner Robins High
- David Perdue Elementary
- Lake Joy Primary
- Feagin Mill Middle
- Northside Middle
- Shirley Hills Elementary
Cost of living in Warner Robins, GA
It doesn’t cost much to live and enjoy life in Warner Robins. Both general living costs (which includes groceries and transportation) and home prices are well below the national average. When it comes to the latter, you can purchase a newly constructed home at an attractive price.
As mentioned earlier, Robins Air Force Base is one of, if not the, largest employers in Warner Robins, employing over 20,000 people. Other major
employers in the city include the Houston Medical Center and the numerous university campuses spread across Warner Robins. It isn’t uncommon for some residents to seek career opportunities in nearby Macon, less than 30 minutes away.
Warner Robins is enviable for its central location, especially with Interstate 75 and US Highway 129 easily accessible from the city.
Most residents get in and around Warner Robins by private car, but should you opt for public transportation, there’s the Warner Robins Transit, which currently has two routes with several stops in between.
As for air travel, the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is roughly 93 miles away from Warner Robins.
Attractions in Warner Robins, GA
Warner Robins has several notable attractions, such as the following:
- The Museum of Aviation
- Depot Row
- Georgia Aviation Hall of Fame
- Rigby’s Water World
- The International City Golf Club
Outdoor recreation abound in Warner Robins. The city has a total of 12 neighborhood parks spread throughout the area, such as Fountain Park and Welston Park. From Warner Robins, the Ocmulgee Wildlife Management Area is less than an hour away.
Learn more about Warner Robins, GA
Browse our website for more information about living in Warner Robins, GA and Houston County, GA real estate. Better yet, get in touch with our team today.
Learn more about life in Warner Robins
Fun things to do in Warner Robins, GA
- With the Robins Air Force Base found just outside its borders, Warner Robins, GA has seen a rapid rise in its population since 2000 and currently ranks as Georgia’s tenth largest city. This bustling city has everything you can ask for in a community – tranquil residential neighborhoods, urban comforts and amenities, and a plethora of recreational activities. Wherever your interests lie, there’s always something to do in Warner Robins, GA, from visiting popular museums to playing golf or sampling the city’s diverse culinary offerings. Here is a list of the top activities and destinations you can find in this vibrant Southern city.
What is the cost of living in Warner Robins, GA
- Relocating to a new city takes a lot of work. You need to find a home that fits you and your family’s needs and lifestyle, sort through your belongings, and find a way to move some of your personal items and furniture from your old home to your new one. But before anything else, you also need to do a fair amount of research to answer important questions, such as “How much does it cost to live in that city?” In this blog post, we touch on several points that affect the overall cost of living in Warner Robins, GA. You’ll find out why it’s one of the most affordable places to live in the state.