Fun Things to Do in Warner Robins, GA
From teeing off in a championship golf course to watching an exciting live theater performance, you’ll never run out of things to do in Warner Robins, GA. Here are some of the top activities and destinations in this vibrant Southern city.
Enjoy the Outdoors
- Spend an afternoon at one of Warner Robins’ twelve public parks. These parks offer a variety of amenities like basketball courts, tennis courts, picnic areas, and horseshoe pits. The Ted Wright Park, in particular, is a great spot for playing sports, walking your dog, and simply having a relaxing time outdoors. The well-maintained park is located in Bonaire, a community in the Warner Robins Metropolitan Area.
- If you’re looking for great hunting and fishing spots, Warner Robins has several nearby locations to choose from. The Flat Creek Public Fishing Area in the neighboring city of Perry has a 108-acre lake that’s stocked with crappie, largemouth bass, sunfish, and catfish.
- Landings Golf Club is a semi-private golf course that’s perfect for golfers of all skill levels. The 18-hole course measures 7001 yards and has five sets of tees.
Visit a Museum or Historical Site
- Known for being the second largest museum in the United States Air Force, the Museum of Aviation is a nonprofit that allows visitors to learn more about the service, as well as the history and heritage of nearby Robins Air Force Base. The museum currently houses around 85 historic U.S. Air Force missiles, cockpits, and aircrafts within its four huge exhibit buildings. It also hosts regular benefit events, such as the Auction/Raffle & Taste of Local Cuisine, an annual event that invites people to eat, drink, and bid on donated items like guitars, motorbikes, concert tickets, and others.
- Located right next to the Museum of Aviation, the Robins Air Force Base is a massive airfield and industrial complex that covers over 6,934 acres. Exciting air shows are regularly staged here, providing a rare treat for visitors.
Enjoy the Arts
- Warner Robins is home to a number of art galleries that showcase up-and-coming local talents as well as prominent artists. Top galleries in Warner Robins include The Painted Door Art Gallery, the Fine Art Society of Middle Georgia Gallery, and the Butler Brown Gallery.
- For the past 50 years, the Warner Robins Little Theatre has been putting on high-quality, live theatrical performances that keep audiences coming back for more. Each season brings five main shows ranging from comedies to musicals.
Sample the City’s Diverse Dining Options
- Warner Robins has a number of excellent Greek and Mediterranean restaurants, such as Greek Village, Ali Babas Palace Mediterranean Restaurant, and Metropolis Grill. Some of the wonderful meals served are baba ganoush, biryani, and kabobs.
- If you’re in the mood for hearty food, Warner Robins also serves up the best fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and barbecues. Check out Fincher’s Barbecue, which serves delicious barbecue plates, juicy hamburger steaks, and flavorful turkey sandwiches.
- Looking for Asian cuisine? You’ll have plenty of options in Warner Robins, from Thai food to Chinese dishes. My Thai and Sushi is a casual Japanese-Thai fusion restaurant that serves sushi, spring rolls, curry, and many more. If you want to satisfy your cravings for Chinese food, Top Wok and Stir King are highly recommended.
- Mexican food also reigns supreme in Warner Robins. Get your fill of tacos, fajitas, and tortillas at El Bronco, Salsa’s Mexican Grill, and Tacos & More Loncheria.
Go on a Shopping Spree
- City Crossing is Warner Robin’s go-to shopping center when it comes to clothes, groceries, toys, and food, making it easy for residents to find all their needs in one area. This shopping center also has a Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ulta, and a Kroger.
- Another great mall to shop in is Warner Robins Place, which contains a great selection of shops and restaurants. The mall’s prime location on Watson Boulevard also makes it highly accessible.
- Known for being everyone’s one-stop shop in Warner Robin, Parkway Station features clothing stores and various services like hair salons, a pet shop, a gym, and many more.
Join in on the Indoor Fun
- If you’re looking for indoor fun, Rigby’s Entertainment Complex offers around 50,000 square feet of it. The massive entertainment center has bowling, laser tag, billiards, roller-skating, go-kart, and mini-golf activities for visitors of all ages to enjoy.
- Lace up your skates and head to the Olympia Skate Center, Warner Robin’s number one roller skating arena. This facility features a large, indoor skating arena with disco lights and fun tunes.
Explore Warner Robins, GA and What it Has to Offer
Browse our website for more information about living in Warner Robins, GA and Houston County, GA real estate. Better yet, get in touch with our team today.